- The Cubs tendered contracts to all players except Neal Cotts.
- The Cubs may move to add some players that were recently non-tendered. I am hearing the Cubs are interested in Alfredo Amezaga, Ryan Church, and Jonny Gomes but only for a low price. Some Cub officials think Gomes is a good platoon partner for Fukudome at a cheap price.
- Bruce Levine says Bradley will be traded soon and still thinks Tampa.
- Levine also says the Cubs left the meetings with the feeling some trades could get done in the next 10 days or so.
- The Cubs have talked to the Rockies numerous times about their outfielders. The Cubs really like Ryan Spilborghs and Dexter Fowler but are in love with Brad Hawpe. The rumor is the Rox are quietly dangling their outfielders, maybe for pitching and infield help. If the Cubs did trade for Hawpe they could then dangle Fukudome out their as trade bait or use him as a platoon in CF or a fourth outfielder.
- If the Rays are out of the Bradley race then the Cubs may trade Bradley for Matthews Jr. and use Matthews as their very expensive 4th outfielder.
- Sullivan said on 670 the score that after the Cubs move Bradley they will sign a CF with Cameron and Byrd as their top choices and Crisp, Ankiel, and Pods as backups.
- Sullivan also said they would like to sign 2 outfielders, one being Byrd or Cameron and the other one to platoon with Fukudome or a switch hitter that can play all three outfield spots.
Until Next Time.....