· The Tigers are looking for pen help and a platoon partner for LF so I ask again why not send them Marmol and Soriano for prospects or a deal headlined by Porcello?
· Edwin Jackson will start the Cubs home opener.
· Starlin Peralta has been sent back to Cubs camp. He was a Rule 5 draftee by the Dbacks.
· Garza it taking steps forward with no setbacks.
· The Cubs feel the presence of teams watching Soriano but no substantive talks have taken place says Nick Cafardo. He states the Phillies have interest.
· The Cubs reassigned Baez and Soler to minor league camp as expected but they could be back in no time. (not this year though).
· Now the information from my source that I put on twitter yesterday.
· The Cubs “planned on” dealing Garza before Opening Day for a package around a young prospect 3rd baseman.
· The signed Stewart as a back-up in case they were not able to trade Garza.
· The Cubs were shopping Garza to Texas, the Angels, the Tigers, and Dbacks.
· The Cubs had their eyes on Nick Castellanos of the Tigers, Mike Olt of the Rangers, and Mark Trumbo of the Angels.
· The Cubs liked the idea of Justin Upton but only wanted to trade Garza for him in which the Dbacks were not interested.
· Since Garza and Stewart went down with injuries it changed the route they wanted to travel before Opening Day.
· The Cubs signed several pitchers to ensure they had depth in the rotation so they could trade Garza before Opening Day.
· Now the Cubs are watching the transaction wire for a possible 3rd baseman to take the place of Stewart.
· Brent Lillibridge is fully expected to make the team.
- David Kaplan has a great piece on the Cubs moving out of Wrigley found here http://www.csnchicago.com/blog/kapman/rosemont-cubs-suburban-mayor-makes-his-pitch
- Scott Baker will be shut down after inflammation and soreness from his start on Sunday. He will be checked out then a plan will come after that.
- Ian Stewart will start the season on the DL because he cannot run.
- Just like my source said yesterday Brent Lillibridge will be a lock for the 25 man roster says Sveum.
- The Cubs officially signed Armando Rivero to a minor league contact.
- The Yankees could still be in on Soriano even after signing Brennan Boesch because they just released Matt Diaz.
- The Tigers are looking to trade Porcello for a reliever. Again why no Marmol?
Now the latest from Levine:
- Detroit has not been interest in Marmol.
- Neither Marmol or Soriano will be dealt before Opening Day. (BACKTRACKING LEVINE ALERT)
- Rusin is on the inside track of making the team.
- Baez will start in Daytona and quickly be moved up to AA Tenn.
- With injuries this spring the team will be looking to the waiver wire but a guy like Rusin could get a chance because how he has done this Spring.
- Clevenger is not likely to make the team.
- Sappelt will be the right-handed OF bat off the bench Levine speculates.
- The Cubs plan on having Stewart on the DL and not release him.
- Jackson will be called up by June or July.
- Cubs are still not interested in Lohse.
Until Next Time…