· Some roster moves happened yesterday with Brent Lillibridge and Hisanori Takahashi DFA’d and the Cubs calling up Kevin Gregg and claiming Cody Ransom. Jed described this as a numbers move which can be understood given Lillibridge and his struggles and Gregg having better stuff than Takasashi.
· Kameron Loe is also now in the bullpen and has a nice solid debut for the Cubs.
· Dolis was optioned to the minors, Steve Clevenger was placed on the DL, and the Cubs activated Darwin Barney off the DL.
· Ian Stewart will be activated in the next week to 10 days. Then it is likely that either Alberto Gonzalez or newly acquired Cody Ransom would be waived or sent down to AAA.
· Matt Garza will begin his rehab in Kane County. Reports are teams are still very much interested in Garza. He is on track to be back with the Cubs by mid-May.
· The Cubs of course are going to look to acquire young impact talent for their veteran players if and when they start selling. Some position players the Cubs will be keeping an eye on is Wil Meyers of the Rays, Anthony Rendon of the Nationals, Jurickson Profar and Mike Olt of the Rangers, Jedd Gyorko of the Padres, and Nick Castellanos of the Tigers, and Lonnie Chisenhall of the Indians.
· I am also hearing whispers that if the Fish do make Stanton available they will “give up nearly anyone” for a shot at getting him at Wrigley.
· Two fantastic articles from Cubs Den on Anthony Rizzo found here and the Cubs spending next off-season found here.
· Patrick Mooney has some great quotes from Theo found here.
· How about this! The Cubs most valuable trade piece right now by the numbers is…. Travis Wood!
Until Next Time….