Until Next Time…
Friday, March 16, 2012
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Now the latest from Levine
· Bruce feels every player on the roster is eligible to be traded in July except Dempster and Soriano because of their NTC. The Cubs are in rebuilding mode so everyone is available according to Levine. I just do not agree… I think Castro, Rizzo, and some others are untouchable.
· He feels Junior Lake’s time is not now and I agree. I think it is this summer.
· Bruce sees the Shark as having a leg up on one of the starting jobs and I agree. He has done nothing but impress but so has Volstad. A friend and I both agree if the season started today the rotation would be Garza, Dempster, Maholm, Samardzija, and Volstad.
· He says forget high priced pitchers like Hamels, Cain, or Greinke next season. Their price tag will be too high and the Cubs will still be a couple years away from being in that position.
· Levine echoing what I have been saying… That a lot of teams are interested in Byrd and the only way Jackson starts in Chicago is if Byrd is traded.
· Levine is very pessimistic about Hayden Simpson future with the Cubs because of illnesses and injuries.
· Following the negative roll Levine is on he thinks the Cubs are not a power team or small ball team. He thinks they will struggle to score runs.
· Bruce thinks Soler won’t establish residency by July. I 100% disagree with that… Whether he signs by then is in question.
· Levine thinks Mather makes the team while Campana is sent to AAA because he has options left.
· He sees a Class A player going to Boston to complete the Theo transaction.
· Levine thinks Jae-Hoon Ha could end up in Iowa this year.
· He sees DeJesus having a good comeback season.
Until Next Time..
Monday, March 12, 2012
According to a major league source, the Red Sox do plan to pursue Cuban outfielder Jorge Soler, a 20-year-old who is awaiting approval by Major League Baseball to become an international amateur free agent. Though still considered very raw, Soler has tremendous power, with the potential to hit 30-plus homers a season in the majors if he proves capable of fulfilling his potential.
That said, the Sox – like most of the baseball industry – expect that the Cubs are likely to win the bidding for Soler.
Until Next Time..
Sunday, March 11, 2012
- You can find the run down of yesterdays game at TheCCO.com. Hey Rammy how was that chin music???
- The Cubs made their 2nd round of cuts yesterday with Micah Gibbs and Dae-Eun Rhee. The roster stands out 57.
- Sveum said Soriano will not lead off this season and DeJesus will be the primary leadoff guy with Soriano hitting in the middle of the order.
- Sveum said he was disappointed to be passed over for the Brewers managerial job.
- Phil Rogers is adding more to the Jorge Soler to the Cubs stuff you can find here.
- The Yankees are a little worried about Pineda so insert the Garza rumors. A source told me that the Yankees will not hesistate in trading for another front line starter like Matt Garza if Pineda struggles in New York. He goes on to say they are prepared to trade their entire farm to win the World Series this year.
- Check out Cubbies Crib for their roster profiles found here.
A couple of side notes for the site.
- I have removed the comment moderation of the site so we can have easier conversations. I encourage everyone to sign in and create a user name if you have not already.
- I have tweaked my site for all our smart phone users. It is now formatted for easier viewing on your smart phone. I am still working on developing an app.