Now the latest from Levine
· Bruce feels every player on the roster is eligible to be traded in July except Dempster and Soriano because of their NTC. The Cubs are in rebuilding mode so everyone is available according to Levine. I just do not agree… I think Castro, Rizzo, and some others are untouchable.
· He feels Junior Lake’s time is not now and I agree. I think it is this summer.
· Bruce sees the Shark as having a leg up on one of the starting jobs and I agree. He has done nothing but impress but so has Volstad. A friend and I both agree if the season started today the rotation would be Garza, Dempster, Maholm, Samardzija, and Volstad.
· He says forget high priced pitchers like Hamels, Cain, or Greinke next season. Their price tag will be too high and the Cubs will still be a couple years away from being in that position.
· Levine echoing what I have been saying… That a lot of teams are interested in Byrd and the only way Jackson starts in Chicago is if Byrd is traded.
· Levine is very pessimistic about Hayden Simpson future with the Cubs because of illnesses and injuries.
· Following the negative roll Levine is on he thinks the Cubs are not a power team or small ball team. He thinks they will struggle to score runs.
· Bruce thinks Soler won’t establish residency by July. I 100% disagree with that… Whether he signs by then is in question.
· Levine thinks Mather makes the team while Campana is sent to AAA because he has options left.
· He sees a Class A player going to Boston to complete the Theo transaction.
· Levine thinks Jae-Hoon Ha could end up in Iowa this year.
· He sees DeJesus having a good comeback season.
Until Next Time..