A usual quiet month has turned into busy news for the Cubs.
- · If you want the most information and back stories on the front office moves then check out the Cubs Rumor Bible know as Bleacher Nation.
- · The Cubs made another signing for “depth” inking Horacio Ramirez to a minor league deal.
- · David Kaplan released some good news for Cub fans everywhere yesterday saying he spoke to two industry sources that stated to him the Cubs are working on a long-term deal with all star SS Starlin Castro. He said the deal could be 6 or more years in length which would buy out all arbitration years and at least two years of free agency. It is likely that Castro could get something around what Andrew McCutchen received which was 6 years $51.5M but don’t expect an Evan Longoria type deal of 6 years $17.5M.
- · Starlin Castro’s agent Paul Kinzer said the two parties are in discussion for a long-term deal and would likely have something done by the end of the season. He did say any release of specifics though; are premature.
- · Jorge Soler has miss a couple games with a sore hand but the extent of the injury is not known.
- · There is a fantastic write up by a guy I follow on twitter; Sahadev Sharma. So check it out and get a little excited.
- · Also check out Cubs Den where John Arguello and Tom Loxas battle it out on 5 Cub related questions.
Until Next Time…