Here is the latest from Levine and other media outlets-
- Levine credits Shark’s success on keeping the ball down and developing the cutter last season.
- Levine says no matter how good Soriano does this year he is untradeable because of his contract. I seriously doubt that considering what we seen happen with Vernon Wells and Alex Rios these past years.
- Quade is continuing to tinker with the Cubs lineup as Castro struggles in the 3 hole. Q needs to leave Castro and Barney in the 1 and 2 spots in the lineup until Brett Jackson comes up then you have to really shuffle your lineup because he is the future leadoff hitter for the Cubs. I think the Cubs should put Aramis, Soto, or Soriano in the 3 hole because Byrd is just not doing it.
- We have likely seen Russell’s last start because of his struggles and the two up coming off days can let the Cubs skip the 5th starter spot.
- Levine says now is not the time to trade your veterans like Byrd and bring up Jackson. I disagree because I think Jackson would bring more to the table than Byrd.
- Baker may end up platooning with Pena at first if he continues to struggle. Nothing like a 10 million dollar platoon player.
- The Cubs may end up turning there attention to Fielder instead of Pujols this offseason because Prince will cost less, likely take less years, and is younger.
- The Nationals have some interest in Byrd.
- Sam Fuld was expected to be dealt during the year last year but injuries prevented potential deals. Fuld is obviously off to a great start and the Cubs looked like they misjudged him but they really did not have a choice with their already crowded expensive outfield.
Until Next Time…