Friday, March 21, 2008

Decisions to come Monday. Roberts Comments!

According to Sweet Lou, the Cubs will settle on the closer and the final two spots in the rotation on Monday. He has already said that Z, Lilly, and Hill all have spots locked in the rotation leaving Marquis, Lieber, and Dempster fighting for two spots. Wood is also the lead candidate for Closer and will work back to back days Sunday and Monday. In my opinion Wood already has the closer role and Lieber should be a lock for the 3 spot in the rotation. It will be interesting to see what Lou will come up with, maybe there will be trade that will make the decision on the rotation easier??? All I am saying is Lieber better be in the starting 5!

You did not think that I would go a day without Roberts Rumors did you??

"At some point in your career, your name is going to be thrown out there in trades and it's going to create some uncertainty," Roberts said before the Orioles' 7-4 loss today to the St. Louis Cardinals. "But, no, I didn't expect this to go all the way through spring training. It's not something that I'd want to go through every year, that's for sure."

"I think at some point that needs to happen," Roberts said. "I'm not saying it has to be today or tomorrow, but if it gets to be Opening Day, I don't really want to deal with it for two more months. I can't imagine that [a trade] would happen on April 20. That doesn't really make much sense. I'd think if it doesn't happen by the end of spring training, it's probably not going to.

"I wouldn't say it would be a letdown if [a trade] doesn't happen. I'm going to play baseball either way. I love my teammates, the city of Baltimore. It's not like it would be the end of the world. But like I've said before, everybody wants to win and you always want to be in a situation where you feel like you have the best chance of doing that."

www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baseball/bal-orioles321,0,687634.story

They need to get this deal done! Plain and Simple!

My new lineup with Roberts-
Roberts 2b
Soriano LF
Lee 1st
Aram 3b
Fukudome RF
Derosa/Theriot SS
Soto C
Pie CF

No comments: