- Buster Olney said via twitter that the Cubs have made Carlos Zambrano available. Zambrano is owed 42.7 million in the next 3 years with a vesting option for the 4th. It is likely that the Cubs will hold onto Zambrano given the amount of money he is owed and the "problems" he has had on and off the field. But a strong showing after the deadline could land him a new team this winter. I am hearing there is some interest from the Yankees, Mets, and White Sox although they would expect the Cubs to pick up a large portion of the tab.
- The Padres and Rockies both really like Ryan Theriot. With the Padres being the most aggressive.
- David Kaplan said the Cubs tried to trade Fukudome to the Nationals in June. The Cubs were willing to pick up 2 million this season and half his contract for the next season but the Nats said NO!
- Kaplan also said Tyler Colvin or Aramis Ramirez will be the Cubs first baseman next season. The Cubs also expect Brett Jackson to be on the big league club next season. Kap said Lee will not be a Cub next season.
- If Shark ever returns to the Majors it will be as a reliever. The Cubs expect to turn Andrew Cashner back into a starter.
- Aramis Ramirez said he will likely exercise his option for next season. This is good and bad news for the Cubs. The good is that Aram is swinging the bat like he is his old self the bad news is he is owed a ton of money which could hurt the Cubs badly if he does not turn back into a .300 30 HR 100 RBI guy.
That is it....for now!