- According to Muskat and Levine the Angels made a trade offer for the Cubs (which the Cubs liked) but Derrek Lee exercised his no-trade clause. To me this is foolish for Lee. He has a chance to go where he makes his off season home, chance to make it to the playoffs, and to start from scratch to get a nice contract for next season but chose not to. There is something seriously wrong here because according to all media outlets, Derrek Lee will not be offered arbitration and will not be resigned with the Cubs.
- The Cubs maybe more willing to absorb some of the 4.43 million left on Ted Lilly's contract. Especially to get some good prospects.
- The market is booming for Ted Lilly right now! The Twins, Dodgers, Phillies, and Tigers all really want Lilly.
- The Mets are waiting to hear from management before they make an offer for Lilly.
- Rumors are circulating about a J.A. Happ for Lilly scenario but the Phils are on Lilly's no trade list so that might be a roadblock.
- The Twins may include Wilson Ramos if the Cubs pick up half of Lilly's contract. While the Tigers may include Ryan Raburn and prospects in a deal for Lilly.
- Ryan Theriot could be in purple by Saturday. Word is the Rockies like Theriot but will see how the next couple of games go before they start buying.
- The Mets maybe interested in Carlos Zambrano. Here is what the Mets seek!
- This just in... The Angels are now taking a run at Lilly because of Pineiro arm injury. Get Mark Trumbo and another prospect and you have a deal!!
More to come......