Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Zambrano- IF IM NOT SIGNED BY OPENING DAY IM GONE!

This is starting to get serious. It is very likely that Z and the cubs will come to terms on a one year deal about 13.3 million before the arbitration hearing. But what is not guaranteed is that he will be a cub next year. Here is the quote thanks to Chicagosports.com-

"I'm ready to sign, and I would do my job anyway with the Cubs this year," Zambrano said. "Whatever happens, I don't want to know [anything] about a contract during the season. I want to sign with the Cubs before the season starts. If they don't sign me, sorry, but I must go. That's what Carlos Zambrano thinks."

This could get really ugly for the Cubs and Z.. If a deal is not reached by opening day they risk losing him almost like they lost Aram. Z is very tempted by the cash he could get in the off season but he has said he wants to stay a Cub throughout his career and its up to the Cubs and Jim to get the deal done.

The last thing the cubs want to do is to go into the season with there Ace as a distraction and that would definitely happen if a deal isn't reached by opening day! Come on Jim, get it done!

No comments: