- Phil Rogers of the Chicago Tribune says some baseball people think the White Sox could have interest in Zambrano and may even include Peavy in a deal for him. He does say that Peavy may have more value than Zambrano, no argument there. I think the Cubs would and should jump all over that deal.
- Royals officials say that they have no interest in troubled outfielder Milton Bradley.
- Harden has been shut down for the year and will likely not be with the Cubs next year as they look for a stable inning eater this off season. Doug Davis tops my list.
- The Cubs top priority this off season is getting a consistent speed guy who can play 2nd base. They have Chone Figgins at the top of their wish list but if money gets too much they will look at guys like Orlando Hudson, Placido Polanco, Felipe Lopez, Adam Kennedy, or Akinori Iwamura. They could also target Mark Teahen through a trade but with the flooded 2nd base market the Cubs are likely to get on of the players above for a good price.
- The Cubs also plan on addressing their bullpen and outfield if they trade Milton Bradley and do not acquire an outfielder in return. For outfield help the Cubs are looking for a low cost veteran and will not get in a bidding war for players like Matt Holliday. Instead they will look at center fielders like Mike Cameron, Marlon Byrd, and maybe even Andruw Jones. They could also get a guy for right field and keep Fukduome in CF. They could consider Jermaine Dye, Bobby Abreu (oh please!), Randy Winn, or even Vladimir Guerrero.
- The Cubs are confident in Soto and like Koyie Hill as his backup so changes there are not likely. The same with LF, CF or RF, 3rd, SS, 1st, Closer, and 4 spots in the rotation.
That is it for now Cub fans!