- No surprise here but still blog worthy. Lou said today on ESPN radio that Milton Bradley will not play another game for the Cubs. Lou suggested he will spend his last two years of his contract playing for someone else. Lou even said "now we try to find somebody else," and "I know Jim will work very hard at it."
- The teams interested in Bradley are the Rays, Giants, Padres, Mets, and Rangers. With the Rangers the most unlikely out of the list.
- The Mets are said to be dangling Luis Castillo or Oliver Perez to get Bradley on their team. The only way the Mets trade Castillo for Bradley is if the Cubs pay 8 million of Bradley's contract to offset the difference. Although they would do an even swap of Perez for Bradley but the Cubs are not fond of that deal.
- If hard throwing 18 year old lefty Yusei Kikuchi chooses MLB over Japan ball the Cubs will be right there to offer him a contract. They were over there earlier this year scouting him and like what they saw.
- Thinking outside the box??? Milton Bradley for Ryan Doumit? Bradley for Harang? Arroyo? Bradley for Magglio Ordonez? Jermey Bonderman? Carlos Guillen? Dontrelle Willis? Milton for Nick Swisher?
Could any of those happen? The contract money is close in all the deals. Could the Cubs find a match in any of those trades? I like the Milton for Swisher and Bradley for Guillen or Willis.
- The Cubs are leaning toward signing a bat for the outfield rather than trading for one. They have Bobby Abreu, Johnny Damon, and Vladimir Guerrero at the top of their wish list with Jermaine Dye, Mike Cameron, and Marlon Byrd as their plan B.
- The Cubs are also looking at free agency for a 2nd baseman but do find Mark Teahen and Brandon Phillips also very appealing. Both are rumored to be available this winter via trade.
Until Next Time.....