UPDATE-10:45pm- According to David Kaplan on Comcast Sportsnet Chicago, the Cubs are on the verge of signing Milton Bradley to a multi-year deal. A deal is expected to be announced next week after the new year.
UPDATE-7:25pm- The Marquis/Vizcaino deal is done and will be announced next 3 to 4 days.
Bruce was just on ESPN 1000 and has some good Cubs updates. Lets have a look-
- He said the Cubs ownership situation should be resolved "sometime in January."
- The Marquis trade will be completed the next 3-4 days and the Cubs will save 5.5 million or so.
- They are planning to use that money to sign Bradley, which he said the deal is done and will happen by next week.
- He also said there is about 2 to 3 teams that are talking to the Cubs about DeRosa and he could be traded within the next 3-5 days. WOW! That is a surprising comment from Levine!
- The prospects gained from trading DeRosa would be added to a deal for Peavy.
- Hendry is moving money around so these deals will happen.
- Vizcaino maybe traded before he puts on a Cubs uniform.
I would hate to lose DeRosa but if it nets us Bradley and Peavy, I am all for it!