The Cubs hot stove talk is starting to heat back up after a break so lets check it out-
- Yahoo's Tim Brown says that the Cubs along with the O's and Cards maybe the "surprise team" that made an offer to Furcal. Reports were denied yesterday about the A's, Braves, and Mets making four year offers. I really hope the Cubs land him, they need a leadoff man and more range at short.
- The Cubs are willing to give up some defense to get a middle of the order type guy for RF. This is probably why they have interest in Ibanez, Abreu, and Bradley.
- The Cubs will not trade Marshall or Fontenot for Mark Teahen. They just see him as a addition and not an everyday player.
- Lou still denies the idea of the Cubs interest in Peavy. I think Lou maybe left in the dark here. Here are some quotes from Towers-
"I think there's a chance of maybe putting together a deal with Chicago,'' Towers said. "At least I know he's willing to go there.''
- The Cubs will not move Soriano out of the leadoff spot until a lead off guy is acquired. One more reason to sign Furcal.
- Sweet Lou has some nice words about Raul Ibanez. I much rather have Bradley, Dunn, or Abreu but Raul is starting to grow on me some.