- Erik Bedard will not be a Cub, he signed a one year non-guaranteed contract with Seattle.
- Adam Dunn landed in Chicago, the Southside that is. He signed a 4 year 56 million dollar contract today. It is a little less than what he was asking but that could benefit the Cubs because he has drove down in the market for 2nd baseman some.
- The Cubs tendered contracts to all players eligible. Including Jeff Baker who will make over a million dollars next season. What a waste to tender contracts to Baker and Hill. STUPID!
- Carlos Marmol and the Cubs are in the early stages of an extension.
- The Cubs have interest in non-tender relievers from the Southside; Bobby Jenks and Erick Threets.
- The Red Sox are making a push to add either Carl Crawford or Jayson Werth to their outfield. If they do sign one of them then they could use Jacoby Ellsbury or JD Drew as trade bait for a 3rd baseman. It is unlikely that the BoSox would sign either Crawford or Werth and Beltre. This could spark more rumors involving the Cubs sending Aramis Ramirez to Boston for Ellsbury. We have already heard a lot of talk about the two before.
- The Cubs are interested in signing several non-tender candidates to contracts (mostly minor league) besides Jenks and Threets listed above. They like Edwin Encarnacion, Hideki Okajima, and Dustin Mosely.
- The Cubs are expected to be very busy over the next two weeks. Hendry hopes to have a 1st baseman, relief pitcher, and starting pitcher in place before December ends at the latest. He hopes to get the majority of his players during the winter meetings or at least set the ground work for trades or start offer contracts to players.
Should be really fun next week! As always we will keep you posted.