- Heyman talked to a GM that says the Cubs would love to move Soriano but do not know how they could with the money he is owed. He also names players like Zambrano, Fukudome, and Aram as players with close to unmovable contracts.
- Metsparadise.com wonders if the Mets would trade for Zambrano and lays out a scenario that would land the Cubs Oliver Perez and Luis Castillo along with maybe John Maine. That does not sound that crazy for either side.
- According to multiple sources the Dodgers are considering trading Russell Martin and Matt Kemp. If they do shop the two the Cubs would be “very interested” according to sources. A couple of things would have to happen though, the Cubs would need to trade two of Xavier Nady, Soriano, Byrd, and Fukduome to make room for Matt Kemp in the outfield along with making Tyler Colvin an everyday outfielder. The Cubs also have interest in Russell Martin but view him as a 3rd baseman not a backstop.
- The Cubs agreed to sign Dominican SS Daniel Sanchez for a 6 figure bonus.
- Chad Tracy asked for his release rather than reporting to AAA Iowa.
- The Red Sox had interest in Mike Fontenot before the acquired Eric Patterson from the A’s. But do not be surprised if the Red Sox come calling again if Epatt does not pan out.
- NYTIMES shares some truth about the Cubs.
Hey, Tom Ricketts, look at what Arizona just did! Follow their lead!