Here are the latest links on Big Z-
- Ken Rosenthal explains why trading Big Z might not be as tough as a lot of people think. Especially if the Cubs are willing to eat a lot of the 45 million left on his deal.
- Jim Hendry stands by his investment of Carlos Zambrano and says they should know the length of the suspension in the next couple of days. It seems to me that Jim maybe digging his own grave with comments like that.
- Buster Olney has his take about Big Z.
- Gordan Wittenmyer says the Cubs should cut ties with Zambrano and trade him, even if they have to eat almost all of his contract.
- This is interesting from my mailbox today. Someone said that it maybe a possibility that Zambrano "retires" at the end of the season or "sooner" which would remove the remaining 45 million off the books for the Cubs. We have all heard Z talk about retirement here. If this is in fact true I am thinking Zambrano may get back in the good graces with the Cubs as an organization and fan base.
- The Red Sox could be calling the Cubs soon. Rumor has it that they are interested in 2nd baseman Ryan Theriot among others to replace the injured Dustin Pedroia.
- Jeff Stevens was optioned to AAA and the Cubs called up Brian Schlitter. In another "prospect watch" move the Cubs promoted Brett Jackson to AA.
Until Next Time...