- As expected the Cubs signed John Grabow to a two year deal worth 7.5 million dollars.
- Muskat of MLB.com said the Blue Jays have contacted the Cubs about Roy Halladay. But do not get to excited Cub fans. The Jays have a list of players that they would want in return for Halladay and Bradley is not one of them. The article says that Starlin Castro would be apart of any deal which automatically veto's the deal because he is untouchable. The only way I deal for Halladay is if it does not include Castro and we work out a long term deal for Hallady before he is traded to the Cubs. Lot of "ifs" there.
- I was notified by two sources that the Cubs were indeed in final negotiations to send Bradley and Miles to the Rangers for Millwood but the Rangers wanted either Marshall or Guzman in the deal as well so it fell apart.
- There was a three way deal rumored where the Rangers would get Milton Bradley, Cubs get Luis Castillo, and the Mets get Kevin Millwood but it was quickly dismissed by Carrie Muskat and Bruce Levine.
- The Cubs added 5 players to the 40 man roster. They added Blake Parker, James Adduci, John Gaub,Welington Castillo, and Rafael Dolis. It brings the 40 man to 38 players. Still two spots and they should go to Thomas Diamond and Brad Snyder.
- The Cubs will still look to deal some arbitration eligible players maybe guys like Sean Marshall and Mike Fontenot.
That is it for now.....