Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Bradley to Rangers Almost Done.. Grabow Ready to sign...

- First reported by David Kaplan that the Cubs and Rangers are in serious talks for Bradley. Bruce Levine also chimed in yesterday saying if the Cubs sent Bradley to the Rangers it would be for Kevin Millwood. Now I am hearing from my sources that a Bradley for Millwood (maybe including Aaron Miles) swap is in the final stages and they are just finalizing the money situation in which Millwood is still owed his signing bonus. I am also hearing that the Cubs may in fact pay Millwood's entire contract including the signing bonus if they can include Aaron Miles in the same deal which would offset the money some.

My source also stats that the deal could be done as soon as Tomorrow because the Cubs and Rangers both want to complete a deal before free agency starts on Friday. I will keep you updated on this as new info comes across.

- Grabow and the Cubs are nearing a deal worth 7.5 million over the next two years which may include an option for a 3rd year. The deal will be finalized before free agency starts Friday.

More to come....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nick I... I understand your point from a couple posts ago... but Hamilton was actually a Rule 5 pick that the Cubs agreed to deal to Cincy before the Rule 5 draft began. Of course it would have been great for our own scouting staff to take a flier on Hamilton. I agree with your point of Fox v McGhee though.

But what kills me even more is Jim Hendry for the second year in a row is not offering arbitration to our top FA... which means we dont get draft pick compensation? WHY THE F NOT??? Cubbie can you ask your sources why??? It makes absolutely no fricking sense! Not offering Gregg... ok... but Harden??? Someone is bound to sign him if we dont. Those sandwich picks at the end of the first round are awesome. I just dont get it!!! I've backed Hendry all this time now. There will always be good and bad trades and signings... but getting draft picks for a guy like Harden is a no brainer. I'm sick of the fear of having to "lose" in arbitration and end up getting "stuck" with a Wood or Harden. These are useful parts for the bump in salary they would get assuming they even accept.

Anyways... thanks for the info on Bradley and the unfounded rumor. I would really hope for the unfounded rumor that would bring both Millwood and Granderson to the Cubs. I hope to hear something tomorrow either way as Millwood for Bradley straight up works for me too.

Anonymous said...

Sending both Bradley and Miles to the Rangers for Millwood would be just AWESOME as far as I'm concerned.Do you realize if this happens,Hendry will have traded away nearly every player he acquired last winter. Get'er done Jim !!

Anonymous said...

How reliable is your source? I have not heard this anywhere else.