-Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune says that the Cubs have spoken to Rich Aurilia and may offer a one year deal to take Ronny Cedeno's spot and back up Aram and Lee. We have heard this before this off season and I think Aurilia would be a great pick up. I also think Doug Mientkiewicz and Nomar Garciaparra would be a good fit.
- Here is a tidbit from Paul Sullivan's article-
Hendry will meet with the new owner of the Cubs as soon Tribune Co. completes the sale. He'll then find out whether he can find a way to fit Jake Peavy's $63 million contract into the Cubs' budget.
- As far as the Randy Wolf rumors, I just think the Cubs should go with Sean Marshall in the rotation before they sign Wolf. Here is my top 6 pitchers they should go with-
1. Jake Peavy
2. Andy Pettitte ( would only take one or two year deal)
3. Ben Sheets ( would take one or two year deal)
4. Kenny Rogers ( one year deal maybe minor league with invite to ST)
5. Odalis Perez ( one or two year deal)
6. Pedro Martinez ( one year deal)
Other than those I think you have Marshall, Gaudin, Guzman, and Hart battle for the 5th spot.
That is it for now, I will keep you updated!