Lou and Jim were on the radio and lets see what they had to say-
- Lou said the Cubs need to add a left-handed bat and some speed. I think Roberts and Furcal fit this mold. Teahen and DeJesus also could be an intriguing possibility. Teahen could probably steal 20+ bases in the NL, having 4 last season, 13 in 2007, and 10 in 2006. DeJesus stole 11, 10, and 6. He would also probably steal about 20-25. Remeber the AL is not as adventurous as the NL.
- Lou also talked about Fukudome and how "was not is as good a shape, core wise" and because the "added length of the Major League season" caused his drop in power in production. He also brought up the fact the injury Fukudome had during the 2007 season effected this season a lot. He also stated that the Cubs will change this training program saying "more Americanized"
- Hendry is looking to make changes and addition to the roster, saying they need a lefty bat. He said they are fine pitching wise but is not against adding a guy to the staff if the right situation comes around. He also says the Cubs need to add some speed.
- The Cubs will stay on top of the all the free agents but is willing to explore the trade route or in house options. Hendry also said the Cubs must be prepared for "options A, B, and C and it could take a little creativity but the objective is to make the team better than a year ago.
- Jimbo said the Larry and Lou will decide on whether to have Kevin Gregg or Carlos Marmol the Cubs next closer.
- Jim Hendry thinks Fukudome will be a lot better next season with development and adjustments to MLB.