- Lou expects the Cubs to acquire a left handed RF via trade rather than signing one. I am still in favor of signing Abreu or Dunn. I think the Cubs could draw in Dunn with a 2-3 year deal worth about 30-40 million. That way they do not commit so many years on a power hitter and gives Dunn another chance on a big payday, with him dreaming of hitting 60+ homeruns as a Cub and getting paid 15+ million a year is very appealing I think. Some other guys that are more likely are Jeremy Hermida( Not Bad), Randy Winn(BOOOO!), and Brian Giles( Yes) according to MLBTR.
- Bruce Miles reminds us Aram and Lee do have no trade clauses and does not expect them to be traded.
- Ken Rosenthal says the Cubs will re-sign Ryan Dempster and Kerry Wood. He also thinks that a 3 year deal from another team could take Wood away from the Cubs. The Mets could be interested but his health history could scare them.
- The Padres want 5 players for former Cy Young Award winner Jake Peavy. I find it really odd that guys like Rosenthal and Onley continue to talk about the Dodgers( even though according to sources they are all but out of it considering their in the same division) and Braves ( considering they do not want to give up any of their young guns, even labeling them "untouchable") and yet the Cubs do not even come out of their lips. Damn East and West Coast bias. By the way, here is my 5 players for Peavy- Marshall, Cedeno, Pie, Hart, and Ceda.
- Junichi Tazawa, 22, was not selected by a team in Japan which means he is eligible to become a free agent. He will have no problem getting a multi year deal worth millions in the US. The Cubs are among the teams that have scouted him and are very interested. Other teams involved are Red Sox, Mets, Braves, Dodgers, Tigers, Pirates, and M's. Here is some video of him- Good stuff- Great Fastball!
-Casey McGehee was claimed off of waivers by the Brewers. I am sad to see Casey go but maybe he will make the team in MIL.