Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Z a met, Z to sign with cubs by Sunday, ZZZZZZ

It seems there is alot of news about Zambrano and he didn't help things by saying these comments-

Asked by SI.com if he'd consider the New York Yankees, Zambrano said: "I like the Yankees, but I don't see myself pitching at Yankee Stadium. Too many rules. If I play in New York, it's going to be with the Mets. First of all, because I get to hit. And I love hitting. I can't say … that I would never play for the Yankees. Hopefully no, but you never know."

I don't think this is that big of deal its a "what if" questions.

Here are some other speculation-

Though the Cubs are his first choice, don't be surprised if the White Sox enter the picture if Zambrano hits the free-agent market. Sources said Zambrano would be interested in playing for Sox manager Ozzie Guillen if it doesn't work out with the Cubs.

The Sox don't have enough cash for Z. There already going to lose Dye, Burhele, and Iguchi after this year so why would they load up on a huge contract for Z and not spend the money and keep those players???

Great quote by MARIOTTI-

They have six days to realize it makes no sense to spend $300 million in an offseason spree, including $40 million for Ted (59-58) Lilly and $21 million for Jason (6.02 ERA) Marquis, if they don't lock down a brash, durable and sometimes unhittable ace whose greatest seasons are forthcoming.

I like this speculation the best and I also think they will get a deal around this range by Sunday-

Donovan writes that the Cubs and Zambrano are making progress on a deal for five years worth around $75-78MM. And last Sunday, BP's John Perrotto said to look for Z to sign a deal in the $80-90MM range this week.

No comments: