Now some stuff from Bruce Levine-
· Levine suspects like most of us that the Phillies will be or already have called on Cubs about DeWitt. Levine does say he feels DeWitt is a more valuable than a marginal prospect. I disagree, because if he was so valuable then why did the Cubs put him on waivers?
· Levine says Junior Lake is about a year away from playing everyday in the majors. I can agree with that.
· Levine does not see Cubs management worried about LaHair.
· He feels Stewart will be the most improved player on the Cubs this year. I agree again!
· He sees Jay Jackson in AAA although he pitched well.
· Levine drops a BOMB and says the Cubs have been discussing trading Byrd and replacing him with Jackson. But then backs off and said it will likely happen in June or July.
· Levine has not heard anything on Soler but says the Cubs have a leg up on him.
· Levine believes if Marmol is traded the Cubs will lose 100 games and says the Cubs can’t trade away all their players because they have to keep fans interested. I completely disagree with the “losing 100 games” comment and I don’t think Marmol is one of those players people flock to see. Not to mention winning and putting a good product on the field will bring people to the ballpark more than individual players. His premise is flawed.
· Bruce thinks Shark will make the rotation and the Cubs will make Wells available in a deal with another team. I see Wells making the team or being traded now.
· He thinks Rodrigo Lopez will secure a spot in the pen. NO WAY!
Until Next Time…