Here are some rumors and news from Day 2-
- The Cubs have an interest in former Nationals/Yankees/Marlins 1st baseman Nick Johnson. Johnson has a .401 OBP but has been plagued with injuries throughout this career. He has not complied over 140 games in a season since 2006 and is 33 years old. Having said that if Hendry goes cheap then Johnson would be a nice pickup. Although the Cubs might need to pick a platoon partner giving his injury woes.
- Jim Hendry and the Cubs are very interested in Kerry Wood at the right price. Rumors said Wood would like to come back to Chicago.
- Jim Hendry laid out the Cubs needs this off-season: Starting Pitcher, 1st baseman, and a reliever.
- Aram exercised his option as expected.
- Chris Archer will likely be added to the 40-man roster and may even break camp with the Cubs.
- Hendry and Quade view Colvin as an everyday player next season.
Until Next Time…