With the talk back and fourth between mainstream media and Lou getting angry and more bitter, along with Steve Stone basically calling out Lou and Jimbo, and the Cubs being 7.5 games out of first; the writing is starting to show on the wall. Lets take a look at some recent rumors and news-
- Koyie Hill had some choice words for the Cubs and how do you not agree with that?
- Kendry Morales is out for the rest of the year. It is still being rumored that they are looking at Derrek Lee, Mike Lowell, and Lance Berkman. If I were Lee I would welcome a trade there and do anything I could to end up in Cali.
- One thing that is being rumored is the Angels are looking to upgrade 3rd base over getting a replacement for Morales. One name that has been thrown around is Aramis Ramirez. The Angels almost signed Ramirez the last time he was a free agent so you know interest is still there regardless of this numbers on the field.
- The Mets are going to battle the Yankees for Cliff Lee's services for the 2nd half of the season. But the Mets may be more inclined to go for Ted Lilly or Tom Gorzelanny because the price tag will be lower and Gorzelanny is cheap and under team control for the next couple years. He is a thought how about Gorzelanny and Derrek Lee for Ike Davis?
- There is a rumor going around the message boards and radio that the Cubs have until the middle of July to get turned around and back in the race. It just so happens that is right around the All-Star break and two weeks before the trade deadline. You have to believe if this team is sold off before the deadline and struggling like it is now Lou and Hendry will likely be gone which will be a blessing to Cub fans.
Get ready Cub fans because in the next month or two this team could look a lot different one way or another.