- Regardless of the Angels saying they are not interested in a rental player there are rumors still saying they are interested in Xavier Nady while their interest in Derrek Lee has decreased.
- The Cubs are interested in moving Kosuke Fukudome but John Paul Morosi says Hendry would be selling low and would have to eat a lot of the 21 million left on his contract. The Cubs have not approached Kosuke about a trade but will likely have to because he can veto trades to 15 teams. Nationals still have interest but they are on Fukudome’s no trade list. The Red Sox and Yankees are not but have not inquired on the outfielder.
- Will the Cubs trade Lilly or not is the question around Chicago. Many media outlets feel Lilly is the biggest trading chip and it is hard to disagree. If Hendry was wise he would trade Lilly and get some nice young players for the rebuilding process.
- Tom Gorzelanny is another big trading chip but he is under team control and is a cheap young pitcher. The Cubs maybe reluctant to trade him because of Randy Well’s struggles this season. In fact he could replace Wells in the rotation depending on how he does against the A’s this week.
- Jon Paul Morosi chimes in again saying Jim Hendry should trade Theriot with Starlin Castro already in the big leagues and Darwin Barney ready in AAA. Not to mention Hak-Ju Lee is a couple of years away from being one of the Cubs starting middle infielders. The Padres, Tigers, Twins, and A’s could look at Theriot as an upgrade to their team.
As of right now Jim Hendry has not “talked to anyone” about trades according to the Tribune. One thing is for sure if the Cubs do not start winning the phone will be ringing!