Here is my Chicago Cubs Infield Projection for 2010-
1. Geovany Soto- I expect Geo to have a bounce back campaign but will not equal what he did his rookie year. I still expect power numbers to be down but his average and RBI to go up. He is one of the 3 keys to the Cubs offensive success this season and I think he will deliver.
2. Derrek Lee- I expect Lee to put up numbers close to last season but with his power numbers decreasing some. He will be solid again and should net himself an extension with the Cubs or payday in the FA market with his nice numbers.
3. Mike Fontenot- He will have a nice year this year but will not have the type of season Lou and staff had in mind when naming him starting 2nd baseman. He will still do OK.
4. Ryan Theriot- Theriot will do what Theriot does just about every year. Put up solid numbers up and play with heart. He should be right around where he was at last season.
5. Aramis Ramirez- Can he stay healthy? I say yes! This year we will finally see the Aramis we all know he can be. I expect great production out of him and playing a ton of games in his first healthy season in a while.
6. Koyie Hill- He will do OK for a backup and will not dazzle you with his number of ABs or stats.
7. Jeff Baker- I expect him to do decent off the bench but will not compare to the numbers he put up last year with the Cubs.
8. Chad Tracy- I think he will do well in limited duty for the Cubs as well as a pinch hitter. He will put up similar numbers to Baker.
All together the Cubs infield will fare very well in 2010 with a breakout season from Aramis and solid year from Soto and Lee should put them in the hunt for a playoff spot. Should be very fun to watch in 2010 if they all stay healthy.