Here is your 2010 Outfield Projections for the Chicago Cubs-
1. Alfonso Soriano- Sori will have a bounce back year after injured plagued him all of last season. He will go hot and cold this year just like last season but I think Rudy will really help him a lot. I think you will see more homers and a decent average. All in all I think he will have a good season for the Cubs.
2. Marlon Byrd- I expect him to put up great numbers at Wrigley this year. I think his power numbers will decline but his OBP and Avg. will increase going to the weaker NL Central. He will be as close as you can get to the amount of money shelled out by the Cubs for him.
3. Kosuke Fukudome- He will not have a break out season because he will lose playing time to Tyler Colvin. Fukudome will play good defense, have a good OBP, but a low power, and a little bit higher Avg. gets him ridding the pine with Colvin getting more time in RF.
4. Xavier Nady- He will see some time in LF but I will take into consideration he will not get a ton of time in the outfield early on and plus will mainly play against lefties. I also will take into consideration that he is injury prone so his games will not likely reach 130 games. He will still produce good numbers though.
5. Tyler Colvin- I may have came down with Colvin fever and have rose colored glasses on but I think he is the real deal. I expect him to tear up the NL Central this season and win the Rookie of the Year Award. His stats show why......
The Cubs outfield will fare much better this year with the addition of Tyler Colvin and Marlon Byrd along with a healthy Soriano. Nady will get hit for good numbers in while I think Fukudome will struggle again this year. All in all they are going to have a good year in the outfield.
Here are the combined Outfield stats for the Cubs-
.284 Avg. (total)
.345 OBP (total)
97 HR (total)
343 RBI (total)
58 SB (total)
While our outfield looks pretty slow there power is definitely there and a decent OBP as well. I like our outfield this season and the projections I posted should put us in the middle of the pack for productive outfields in baseball.
Up Next.... Cubs Infield Projection...
Until Next Time....