All was quite until Peavy to the White Sox came up. More Peavy talk today-
- Peavy is not going to close the door on the Sox saying right now the White Sox do not appeal to him. The White Sox will leave the deal on the table in case Peavy changes his mind.
- Peavy prefers to stay in the NL and if traded he would prefer the midwest. Brewers and Cubs will fight for him with the Cards not having the assets to land him.
- Buster Olney reports the Cubs still have interest in Peavy.
- Paul Sullivan says the Cubs could pursue Peavy once the ownership transition progresses before the last part of July.
- An interesting note is that Peavy praises the Cubs fans and the organization (You know he wants to be a Cub!)
More Cubs Chatter-
- The Cubs and Lou are getting really frustrated at the lack of offense and could make a move for more speed or power. The Cubs are currently eyeing Mark DeRosa, Chone Figgins, Cristian Guzman, and Felipe Lopez according to some scouts. The Cubs are growing tired of Mike Fontenot and Aaron Miles everyday so they are currently looking for guys who can play all around the infield and all four guys listed can with 3 of them being switch hitters. I would not be surprised for the Cubs to make a move on a middle infielder in the next 3 weeks if they do not start getting production from 2nd base.
That is it, for now!