Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Soriano listed day to day, maybe out for a week.

It could have been alot worst, but Soriano is sidelined with a tweaked hammy.
He left last nights game with what is now being called a "strained left hamstring". It occurred while he was racing in from centerfield to catch a flyball. The play looked ackward, it was like he was caught wanting to stay on his feet, and slide both at the same time. The fly ball was caught but was ruled a trapped ball.

Here is what Soriano has to say-

"I feel better than when it happened," Soriano said after Monday's game, a 12-4 win over the San Diego Padres. "They gave me a lot of treatment, and I feel better on my leg."

Even tho he limped out of the clubhouse.

"If it's not bad, I think I'll take five, six days or maybe a week," Soriano said. "I believe it's not that bad, it's not a big deal."

Soriano is scheduled to have a MRI today but expects to find no damage. I fully expect him to be out on the field within 5 days or so. You will pry see him take the field on Saturday when the Cubs play the Cards at Wrigley. Unless he is really injured I don't expect him to miss that series.

If he is out over a week the cubs must, and I repeat MUST call up Pie!

No comments: