I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and now onto baseball,
- Well a milestone for me happened over the holiday reaching 1000 followers on twitter. Yeah ME!
- Soriano continues to be a possible match for teams still looking for an outfielder with power. The Phillies, Braves, Yankees, Mariners, and Rays all have interest in Soriano.
- Carlos Marmol trade value is somewhat of a mystery but sources tell me he is expected to be moved before Opening Day.
- The Cubs would still like to add an outfielder who can play CF and an utility infielder who can play SS and 3rd well.
- The Cubs maybe done adding pitching but are still monitoring the free agent market.
- The Rangers have interest in Matt Garza but no team will trade for him until they at least see him in Spring Training.
- A player that could interest the Cubs if officially made available is Carlos Gonzalez of the Rockies. There are rumors circling that the Rockies will consider dealing him or Troy Tulowitzki or both for cost effective MLB pitching and prospects. Although buyer beware because Cargo’s splits are bad away from Coors where Tulo’s are not as bad. Both could be options for the Cubs because of their age. Although money may or may not be a hurdle.
Here is the latest from Levine’s chat-
- Brett Jackson is 3-6 months away from being a full time outfielder for the Cubs.
- The two teams that have had the most interest in Garza is Texas and Toronto. His sources say they would be very interested in Garza if proved healthy in spring training.
- He added that the Cubs could hold private workouts for teams during Spring Training for Garza.
- Bruce thinks the Cubs overpaid for Edwin Jackson. Where, I do not.
- The Cubs will not deal Baez for Upton unless they feel he can provide 30 homers and 100 RBI.
- Carlos Villanueva has huge upside and could be a sleeper as a starter.
- Levine saw Brett Jackson new swing and he says it is shorten and he is hitting the ball with more authority but that is against BP from Sveum so take it with a grain of salt
- A trade of Brett Jackson, Javier Baez, and Marmol for Justin Upton may work so either GM should consider that deal.
- The Cubs could go after Shaun Marcum if they feel Garza is not healthy (or likely to be traded).
- The Cubs would insist on Olt in any deal involving Garza.
- David Price will not be available.
- The Cubs were turned down by the Angels when asking about Bourjos but the Cubs would love to get a player like him.
- DeJesus will likely not end the year with the Cubs and would likely bring back a young player or two at the deadline.
- The Cubs would not consider trading Castro for Upton.
Until Next Time…