Here is another round of Bruce Levine’s chat from yesterday. (Some of my twitter followers “love” Levine :sarcasm: )
- Marmol’s value will just increase as the relievers come off the free agency board.
- The Cubs will be hitting the trade market soon.
- The Cubs will likely platoon Schierholtz and Sapplet.
- If Garza proves healthy this spring he will likely be traded.
- The Rangers have always been interested in Garza and was very interested before the deadline. So a deal with them is not out of the question if proved healthy. Olt could be a part of it.
- The front office has said that players must have 500 Abs in AAA before making it to the ML.
- The Cubs and Dempster had talks about a 1 year $10M deal but nothing official came of it.
- Baez will likely move back to SS after he played 3B in fall league.
- Delmon Young does not makes sense to him.
- The Cubs are not interested in trading Baez but they will listen to every player in the organization.
- The Cubs want to add a quality arm or two before ST.
Until Next Time…