- Scott Maine was called up yesterday to replace Lendy Castillo who is on the DL with a sore groin.
- Blake DeWitt cleared waivers and was outrighted to AAA. He decided to take the money and report to Iowa.
- Clevenger fans like me can rejoice! He is swinging the bat pain free and is hoping to return to the Cubs by May 25th. Better news is he will go on a minor league rehab stint next week.
- BleacherNation has the BIG story today about Joe Ricketts which you should read.
- Pauly Sullivan says the Cubs and Matt Garza are not close on an extension and said they have not even talked dollars.
- Sullivan thinks the Cubs would like to trade Soto. But would like to keep Dempster for a year or two.
- The Cubs called up Blake Parker and have sent Scott Maine back to Iowa.
- Doug Padilla has some great tidbits today-
· Doug says if Dempster is dealt he will bring back a prospect or two. Depending on how much money the Cubs chip in will determine how good that prospect is.
· Brett Jackson may have fallen back to a September call up with this play but lucky for Jackson numbers don’t mean everything.
· Dolis is the closer right now.
· Rizzo will likely be called up around the All-Star break in Doug’s opinion.
· Right now Soto is a likely salary dump at the deadline.
· No news on Soler.
· The Cubs could package Wells in a deal in July stated Padilla.
· Padilla says what I have been saying for a while. If you have the chance to have Rizzo and LaHair together you take chances in other areas to make that happen.
- This rumor just strolled in… The Cubs and Angels have been discussing a possible Geovany Soto trade the past few days. But it is currently in a holding pattern until the Cubs see the progression of Steve Clevenger. The Cubs are likely to receive a decent prospect for Soto but will likely have to pay a bigger some of his salary to do so. The Rays and Nationals have also been linked to Soto as well.