- Do you want to know more on the new CBA agreement? Check out BleacherNation .
- There is a rumor out there that indicates the Red Sox would like Tyler Colvin as compensation. I think that is more reasonable but I do not see that happening.
- Rudy Jaramillo will be back as the hitting coach under Dale Sveum next season. Sveum is also rumored to be bringing back friend Pat Listach and bullpen coach Lester Strode.
- Bobby Dernier and Ivan DeJesus will not be back and Mark Riggins is in question.
- I am still hearing Jim Hickey of the Tampa Bay Rays and Rick Kranitz Rick Kranitz of the Brewers are the favorites to land the pitching coach position on the Cubs.
- Lots of talk around Matt Garza including that the Rangers, Red Sox, and Yankees have all contacted the Cubs about him. New developments in the story suggest they may move him to not only build for the future but to get rid of the past. A rival exec told me that Theo and Co. are trying to include Carlos Zambrano and/or Soriano in a deal with Garza. The Cubs want to get prospects and get rid of one or both of Z and Soriano.
- It is unknown whether the Yu Darvish will be posted this year but the Cubs are expected to be players if he does.
- Hey folks, Yoenis Cespedes is a real target for Theo and Co. This all started with Jason McLeod going down to work out Cespedes and now Jed Hoyer and Theo Epstein are in the Dominican meeting with him and one of his advisors. HotStoveCubbies has learned that Theo and Jed may have made or will make an offer to Cespedes before leaving the Dom. Rep.
- It looks like Sizemore will likely sign with the Indians and Mark Buehrle chances of coming to the Cubs are dwindling because of his asking price.
Here is the latest from Levine’s chat today-
- He expects the Cubs to be players for Cespedes and Darvish but says taxes may be a factor on international free agents.
- He expects the Cubs to be major players for Prince Fielder. If the Cubs could land Fielder, Cespedes, and Darvish they will compete next season for sure.
- Levine confirms Garza is on the trading block and says Texas has a nice system and could fetch the Cubs some top talent. I am hearing Mitch Moreland could be a possible piece.
- He sees the Cubs checking on C.J. Wilson and Mark Buerhle. I think they both will price themselves out of the Cubs range.
- Levine says Chris Boscio and Ed Seadar are possibilities as a pitching coach and bench coach respectively.
- He says Marmol has great value but most MLB execs look at him as overused.
- LeMahieu could be an option for 3rd next season.
- He does not see Vitters as an option for 3rd next season because of his lack of defense.
- He does not see the Cubs going after Jose Reyes.
Until Next Time…