- The Indians are looking to upgrade their offense, especially the corners of the outfield and infield. The Indians have already contact and had preliminary discussions with the Cubs about Carlos Pena, Aramis Ramirez, Marlon Byrd, and even Alfonso Soriano. The Indians said they would be able to add payroll but taking on a “significant” salary at the deadline is not in the cards. So in the case of Soriano and Ramirez I think the Cubs would have to chip in quite a bit of cash. On the Cubs side, team officials confirm the talks and one source said the Cubs have interest and are asking about Lonnie Chisenhall and/or Carlos Santana in a deal for their power bats.
- The Tigers are looking for pitching help and are targeting Ryan Dempster, Matt Garza, and Carlos Zambrano.
- The Giants are looking for bats and maybe looking at Pena or Ramirez to fill that need. The Cubs have scouted Brandon Belt and Madison Bumgardner in the past few weeks.
- Speaking of the Giants, there is a rumor that a Zito and Rowand for Soriano and Byrd were discussed during the All-star break.
- Brian Cashman could be a serious candidate for the Cubs GM job if Hendry is let go.
- The Cubs have been scouting the Rays entire system. Rumors say the Cubs like Jeremy Hellickson, Alex Torres, and Matt Moore.
Until Next Time..