- Marlon Byrd was placed on the DL with multiple facial fractures after the horrific hit by pitch in Boston. He will likely be out for more than 15 days because he is not able to do any physical activities for the next 2-3 weeks.
- Matt Garza was placed on the 15 day DL and will likely be out until June with a elbow strain.
- Geovany Soto is coming close to returning for the Cubs. He is in extended Spring Training right now.
- Randy Wells is set to come off the DL and pitch on Saturday against the Pirates.
- Andrew Cashner will not pick up a baseball for at least 2 weeks and will have 6-8 weeks of rehab after that. If this does not work for him Cashner could be shelved for the rest of the season.
- Jeff Baker is day to day with a strained left groin.
- The Cubs called up former first round pick Luis Montanez from Iowa and placed Brian Schlitter on the 60 day DL.
- The Cubs had interest in Kevin Slowy of the Twins before his abdominal strain.
- Brett Jackson could get called up in June if any of the other outfielders struggle.
Until Next Time...