- The Cubs are still very interested in trading for Matt Garza. The Rays said they are not pushed to trade Garza but will save at least 6 million by trading him now rather than the deadline.
- A Garza trade will likely include 4 prospects that are close to ML ready that are not in their arbitration years. Robinson Chirinos, Hak-Ju Lee, DJ LeMahieu, Brandon Guyer, Jay Jackson, Chris Carpenter, Trey McNutt, and/or Josh Vitters could be apart of a package for Matt Garza.
- Players that won't be included in a Garza deal are Chris Archer, Starlin Castro, Tyler Colvin, Brett Jackson, and Andrew Casher. They are untouchable according to Hendry.
- According to multiple reports Brandon Webb is the Cubs top target and he is expected to meet with the Cubs this week. His decision is expected to be made before Christmas with the Cubs and Nationals the top landing places for the former Cy Young award winner.
- Sources say if the Cubs sign Webb they will likely still try to land Garza because Webb does not cost players just money. If the Cubs do trade for Garza and sign Webb that means Gorzelanny has already been traded or will be soon traded after those transactions are completed.
- One source says do not be surprised if the Cubs make a flurry of moves before Pitchers and Catchers report. He says "it is not impossible to think that the Cubs could trade for Garza, sign Webb, and complete the long rumored trade with Texas that would net them Darren O'Day and Chris Davis to the Cubs." If that happens without giving up Colvin, Cashner, Castro, Brett Jackson, or Chris Archer then I would give Hendry an A this off-season.
- The Cubs are still interested in trading for Jason Frasor. Please do not make this move!
Until Next Time....