Today's game was all about managing mistakes, bad calls, and poor execution. Lets run them down shall we???
- Mistake 1- The umpire getting caught in the moment of a great play missed the fact that the ball did not enter the web of Joey Votto's glove until Colvin's foot was firmly planted on the 1st base bag. Blown call!
- Mistake 2- Chad Tracy, what was that! Either swing the bat or do not, I will give you a break though. You have never faced Cordero and his nasty stuff.
- Mistake 3- Sweet Lou, why would you remove Carlos Silva, who's was below 100 pitches before the 7th? He was in a groove, wanted to go back out there, and most of all did not walk a batter. Must be a senior moment!
- Mistake 4- Sweet Lou, why would you leave in a young pitcher who is struggling with his command and losing his composure to face a guy that looked good at the plate all night long?
- Mistake 5- Sweet Lou, why in the hell would you pick Caridad over Marshall, who has been a stud. Or at least go with someone with a fresher arm.
- Mistake 6- Hey ump! That black lining around the white plate, if the ball crosses that it is a strike! I am so sick of every ump having a different strike zone when there is one standard in the rule book. I am also sick of these umps giving young guys a small strike zone and veterans 2 foot off the plate. It is so sad to see.
- Mistake 7- Me, actually believing the Cubs had this one in the bag! I know now that this is not the same club from two years ago where if you were down by 2 runs in the 9th you think they had a good chance. No this is a team your up by two runs and say oh, NO, how are we gonna blow this one.
What a frustrating loss for Silva and the Cubs because of mistakes made by Lou, the Ump crew, and Caridad.
Lets see what happens tomorrow!