- Lou announced yesterday that rookie right-hander Justin Berg make the pitching staff to start the season.
- He said John Gaub, James Russell, and Marcos Mateo will battle out for a lefty specialist while Mike Parisi is also battling for a spot. Gaub or Russell should get a spot.
- The Cubs will have either Colvin or Fuld as their 5th outfielder this Spring. If it is not Colvin, what is the purpose of hitting well in ST then?
- Millar and Tracy will battle it out but it looks like Millar may be a better fit because of his clubhouse leadership qualities.
- The Cubs will decide on the rotation on March 24th. The leaders for the 4th and 5th spots are Gorzelanny and Silva. Interesting picks...
- After Monday's game the Cubs management will have a meeting in order to figure out final roster spots and also any potential trades as well as options for their 40 man roster.
Until Next Time...