Monday, October 12, 2009

Damon a Target....

According to Mlbdailydish.com the Cubs are looking at Johnny Damon for CF next season. Damon, 36, is reportedly looking for a two year deal and the Cubs could offer him a 2 year 20 million dollar deal to have him in the Friendly Confines. The Cubs could then move Fukudome to RF and maybe even a platoon role with Johnson. Damon hit .282 with 24 Homers and 82 RBI while stealing 12 bases. He also posted a .370 OBP. He could fill the role as their lead off hitter or even a two hole hitter. Damon would be a great upgrade to this team. If the Cubs could get Damon and Figgins I would be thrilled!

Slow day today... More to Come....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would pass on Damon. Not the numbers I would want in exchange for $10 mil a year. He's already won some WS rings. I dont want another Jeff Blauser.

Spend what money might be available on Figgins, a younger RBI producing OF, and the pen (I'm still pushing T Hoffman).