- Jim Hendry had this to say to the Sun-Times today. Hendry said he's checked the waiver wires for available players daily, ''and there was nothing that made any sense. And I'm not anticipating that it probably would. Hopefully, we're going to survive the injuries.''
No time for hope Hendry, you need to take action. Players like Mark Mulder and John Smoltz can help this team but you chose to ignore that. You chose to go with the Cubs fragile rotation and pen that can't throw strikes over adding someone that can actually help.
You have guys like Fontenot, Baker, Heilman, Miles, and others on this roster that are just a warm body in a Cubs uniform, yet you do nothing about it. Players like Felipe Lopez, Mark DeRosa, Mark Teahen, Joe Biemel, George Sherrill, Jake Peavy, and others were available at the deadline, yet you chose to not pull the trigger on any of those trades. Do not give me the ownership situation had to be resolved, it basically is!
No more excuses! The Cubs are 4.5 games out of first and only ahead of Houston by 3.5 games. You need to do something to shake up this team!
I hate to say it but if this continues why not let Lou go and go with Bob Brenly. He has been making a lot of sense in that TV booth. Saying things that the Cubs should do and disgusted at stuff the Cubs should do fundamentally well. Something needs to change!
- Enough with my rant! ESPN.com's Jayson Stark says the Cubs could look for another starter and bat depending on how Z, Aram, and Lilly do health wise.
- To the dope that spilled the beer on Shane Victorino, your an idiot! You do not deserve to be in the bleachers.
- Aram should start on Friday, Lilly should be off the DL soon and he is ready, and Z should be ready to pitch by August 21st.
- Bruce Levine said today that Hendry has made a lot of waiver claims but none have worked out. I am guessing Robinson Cano, Doug Davis, and maybe some others that got pulled back.
- Should the Cubs go after Bill Hall as insurance? He makes 6.8 million this year and 8.4 million next season so it is not likely but still possible if the Brewers absorb some of his money.