- There has been a lot of talk surrounding Milton Bradley being traded to the Tigers.
***** It was first reported by Steve Stone of WSCR Chicago that the Tigers have shown interest in Bradley.
*****David Kaplan says he has heard from two very solid baseball sources that the rumor is in fact true. The Chicago Sun-Times is saying the same thing Kaplan is saying.
*****Do not get too excited yet Cub fans. MLB.com's Jason Beck says that Bradley's name has never come up in any talks for the Tigers and Paul Sullivan of the Chicago says there has been no conversation with any team about Bradley.
*****When I asked my sources they said the Cubs are secretly shopping Bradley and that is why the two reports are conflicting. The last thing the Cubs need is a really upset Bradley when they are playing so well. I have also heard from my guys that the Cubs are willing to eat 50-75% of Bradley's contract or take on an equally bad contract if a deal is in fact made. We will see if this gets updated anymore.
- The Cubs are still very much in on George Sherrill and are a "top target" for some Cubs execs.
- The Cubs like how Soto is rehabbing and will not add a catcher at the deadline.
- Toni Ginnetti at the Chicago Sun-Times talked to Cubs GM Jim Hendry, who expects some upgrades will come after the non-waiver deadline. Whoohoo! Lets hope Dunn or Crawford is a candidate, not likely.
- Ted Lilly was placed on the 15-day DL and Justin Berg was recalled from Triple-A Iowa today.
- Derrek Lee is having neck spasms once again. He had it lock up on him sliding into second trying to break up a double play. Lou said either Hoffpauir or Fox would spot start if he cannot go on Sunday.