Sorry it took so long for an update. You have to bare with me while I am in a transition with moving. Here is the rumors for this week..
- The Cubs sale may effect what the Cubs do at the deadline.
- Jon Heyman says that the sale also could kill any deal for Pedro. Although other reports say that he Cubs are the most poised to sign Pedro especially if any of their pitching goes down.
- ESPNChicago.com's Bruce Levine quoted a source saying Sam Zell has reopened negotiations with a group out of New York led by Marc Utay, who is a former North Suburban Chicago resident, and Leo Hindery. This is posturing for Zell to get top dollar from Ricketts. I do not expect Marc Utay to own the Cubs after everything Ricketts has done to obtain them.
- There is a interesting rumor circling the web that I caught wind of. It is a three team deal that would net the Cubs Mark Teahen, the Royals would receive Jeff Francoeur, and the Braves would get Jose Guillen and PTBNL and cash from the Cubs. This would be a great trade for the Cubs but not for the Braves considering they would just be getting a more expensive mediocre hitter. Probably not a lot of stock in this rumor but I find it very interesting.
- Jim Hendry said they may be very busy at the deadline but is unsure of what the Cubs needs are since the middle of July is still weeks away. Jim says that their needs now might not be their needs in July. Jim did say if they need to add or make a move they will do so in July or if the right deal comes along but they will not make a move just to make a move.
That is it for now Cub fans!