- Reuters article thinks the sale of the Cubs could drag past May. As long as it does not drag past June I am not worried. I love how the team is now but if a guy like Doc Halladay or Peavy are available at the deadline you pick them up!
- The Cubs are still waiting to hear from Mike Lamb. According to a Cub officials the Cubs have offered Mike Lamb a minor league contract. The Cubs have also been in contact with free agents Wily Mo Pena and Javier Valentin as they would serve as depth in AAA Iowa in case Soto, Hill, or an outfielder goes on the DL.
- MLBTR has a list of mid season trade candidates. Here they are-
Erik Bedard (looking great so far)
The players in red are on my short list of players that I think the Cubs will target. The green players are targeted players if an injury occurs with a player being out for a long period of time.
- Jake Peavy rumors will not die until he is a Cub. Here is some links and highlights from the past week on Peavy going to the Cubs-
****Rosenthal said, "Jake Peavy would be the best possible alternative for the Cubs."
****Sun-Times said, "And until Jake Peavy shows up for this team, the Harden spot, Marshall spot and empty spots behind them will be concerns."
****Buster Olney also commented on Peavy"it feels like it's only a matter of time before he winds up in a Cubs' uniform."
- News again on the injury front both good and bad. Bradley is out for 3 to 5 days with that strained right groin, they target him coming back Friday against the Cards. In good news both Aram and Soto are expected to be in the starting lineup Wednesday.
That is it for now Cub fans!!!!