Bruce has some more updates for todays so lets have a look-
- Milton Bradley is still expected to sign next week with the official announcement to take place at the Cubs Convention. Levine said it will be about 8-9 million a year for about 3 years. While Lee Hamilton said it is 3 year 24 million. Either one is reasonable.
- The Marquis deal is expected to be made official on Monday or Tuesday.
- Levine stuck to his reports last week that the Cubs new ownership will have to be in place for the Cubs to trade for Peavy and add his contract. He thinks the new owner could be in place in the next month. He also says he is hearing Josh Vitters, Jeff Stevens, Welington Castillo and Kevin Hart would go to San Diego in return for Jake Peavy. Also he says there is a 80% chance that this will happen and I agree.
- The Cubs are talking to Rich Aurilla right now and are interested in signing him to back up at 3b and 1st. The only way I support this is if Cedeno is traded because we already have Miles, Cedeno, Theriot, Fonty, and Hoffpauier as infielders, so they only way this works is if one is traded or Hoffpauier starts in AAA.
- Bruce is not sure whether Pie or Cedeno will be on the opening day roster or traded because both are out of options. He thinks trade talk for both will increase in the next 2 weeks.
- Here is a great link for Kaplan and DeRosa's interview.
Listen Now! (mp3)
What a class act!
That is it! For Now.