The Latest from Levine-
- It will take another outing or two before Dempster gets moved.
- Good chance Maholm gets traded as well as Johnson and Baker.
- Garza will be traded this year and will bring back the most prospects.
- Garza is less attractive as a trade candidate next season.
- No way Jamie Moyer comes back to the Cubs.
- Cubs would like to develop Samardzija and have him around for years.
- Campana is average outfielder with below average arm and still cannot hit with consistency. That is why he is not playing.
- The Cubs pay roll could be down over $30M next season and be under $90M.
- Baez could be in AA by next season but does not know if he will be a SS or 3rd baseman.
- The White Sox could be interested in Reed Johnson.
- The only way the Cubs trade Barney is for a young 2nd base prospect back in a deal.
- If a team is willing to overpay for LaHair he will be traded. (Like the Dodgers?)
- Dodgers are the front-runners for Dempster but the Braves and Indians may give up a better package.
- Unless the Dbacks are interested in Garza the Cubs can’t get Upton.
- Almora will play in short season rookie ball and Soler could start in Class A.
- Again Levine does not see Soriano being traded. He says the Cubs will have to watch him play here or release him because of the $50M left on his contract. (Just want to say Levine could not be more WRONG on this. The guy’s main source is Casey Coleman for goodness sake.)
- Nate Jones, Beckham, and Molina would not get the White Sox Barney and Dempster.
Until Next Time…