Here is Levine’s latest-
· The Dodgers remain interested in Dempster but so does the Yankees, Red Sox and 3 other contenders.
· The Tigers had their top evaluator, Bruce Tanner, watching the Cubs last week. Adding either Dempster or Garza would not be a shock.
· Shawn Camp could interest the White Sox or any contender for that matter.
· Levine sees Garza getting dealt because you don’t want a frustrated pitcher on a young team.
· There were teams last year that wanted Soto badly at the deadline and Hendry even turned down a Pirates/Soto trade last season. (Must be talking about the pending deal of Soto for Pedro Alvarez straight up that was turned down. A deal I talked about last season.)
· Marmol will have to pitch well for another 2 weeks to get a good return for him.
· Barney may not fit into the high OBP player Barney is so he may not be the future at 2b.
· Like most; Levine is not impressed with the righty lineup put out there against lefties.
· The front office is willing to trade with anyone if they can get the prospects they want. Even if that team is the Cards.
· Levine still does not see Vitters getting the call up in September. I disagree; I think you will see him up there if Barney is traded.
· Many teams have asked about Barney but the Cubs have not heard an offer they like yet.
· Travis Wood looks legit according to Levine.
· Bruce says Soriano would approve a trade to a contender and the Rays are an option but also says Soriano provides protection for Rizzo and Castro (which I think does not matter at all).
· The Cards and Pirates could be interested in Maholm becaue of price and numbers.
· The Sox could be a location for Dempster but the White Sox have to have money and prospects to get him, so that is unlikely.
Until Next Time….