Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Thank You!

I want to thank everyone for their responses to the latest blog entry, although some of them still bad comments, I like to everyone a voice. One thing I would like to mention is that I have nailed a few rumors since I started this site in 2006. I actually nailed the Alfonso Soriano signing 8 minutes before Fox Sports and 14 minutes before ESPN.com made their breaking announcement. I was one of the first to announce the Cubs were going to sign Jason Marquis two weeks before it was even announced thanks to the same source. I was one of the first to express the Cubs deep interest in Jim Edmonds before he signed. There are some others here and there. Go ahead and check the archive!

I will not deny that I have had my share of misses and rumors that were shot down immediately by media that obviously has more credentials than me. But that is what you get when you are rumor site. 90% of rumors never come true so obviously I have missed the mark many times. I will tell you that I do not make up rumors, I get my rumors from the radio, other sites and blogs, and via the small group of sources I actually have.

I will continue to work hard on making this blog better and try to post more often like some of you have suggested. The tough thing is balancing a family, my work, and my blog. My blog is one that usually suffers out of the three. I am still looking to add a contributor and going through the overwhelming responses I have had to "the ad" so I will keep you updated.

I want to thank everyone again from the bottom of my heart for what you bring to this blog. Less than a month until the Cubs first ST game and I leave you with these two things.

- Yes, I do realize I put "Jeff" Jackson (it is supposed to be Jay) on the previous post just proving that even the best minds and writers in baseball make mistakes.

- Many execs do believe Albert Pujols will sign an extension with the Cards but if he does not sign an extension by ST one exec believes the Cubs are in the "best position" to sign him. Thanks to MLBTR for this!

Until Next Time..

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello my name is butch i enjoy readying your blog every day for the last 8 months you know what you are talking about keep up the good job thank you is their any new rumers about the cubs,agin thank you

mrconsolino said...

My only complaint is that you don't post everyday. I like your blog, and am disappointed when I log in and you haven't updated. I would take that more as a compliment, if I were you.

Anonymous said...

I work for a different Organization, but your right about 99% of the trade that are talked about between teams never happen. And I can tell you only about 10% of those are reported.

Tehmpus said...

Been a Cub fan well since forever. I guess that's a bit redundant since I did say Cub fan which is pretty much the same thing as lifetime loyalty.

You seem to be looking to improve. Here's what you should do: Post a offseason log giving a listing of all the Cubs moves this offseason in one post. That would give fans an overview of the offseason.

Anonymous said...

HI, JUST WANT TO SAY YOU DO A GR8 JOB!...I LUV UR SITE...PLEASE KEPP IY GOING....AND TO ALL THOSE NEGATIVE PEEPS...WHY ARE YOU IDIOTS READING THIS BLOG???

ONCE AGAIN, KEEP EM COMIN AND A BIG THANK YOU FOR DOIN THIS BLOG!

NYCUBBIEFAN...

Anonymous said...

"even the best minds and writers in baseball make mistakes."

You consider yourself one of the best minds/writers in baseball???

GoCubsCo! said...

Keep up the honest effort. Don't let the naysayers retract from our goal of bringing the World Series trophy back to Wrigleyville!
I appreciate your blog and love reading it.

Peace

Anonymous said...

Now that Andy Pettite is retiring MY-SUGGESTION: convince Big Z to drop no-trade clause and try to trade him to yankees,

Anonymous said...

I like to check in just about daily. I enjoy reading. Who cares if some of the stuff doesn't actually happen? You present it in a concise manner and much of it does come true. I wish you could post more often too.

Michael Scott

Anonymous said...

I have only been reading your blog the last few months. I always enjoy it when I see a new post. Who cares if most trades never happen...at least it gives us fans something to think about during the off season. Thanks

Anonymous said...

First I would like to thank you for work, and time you put into your blog. While I know most rumors never come to fruition, I still like reading about what might be going on behind the scenes. Please don't let the negative detractors get to you, some just like to bitch about everything.